Whip up these nutritious, low-fat lemongrass chicken and prawn cups in under an hour.
The ingredient of Lemongrass chicken and prawn cups
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
- 3 (600g total) chicken breast fillets, roughly chopped
- 250g peeled frozen green prawns, thawed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 12 iceberg lettuce leaves, washed, dried
- Fresh mint sprigs, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Lemongrass chicken and prawn cups
- Place ginger, lemongrass, garlic, chilli and lime rind in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Transfer to a wok or large frying pan. Add oil. Heat over medium heat. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Meanwhile, place chicken and prawns in food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add chicken mixture to wok. Increase heat to high. Stir-fry, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 6 minutes or until browned.
- Add sugar, fish sauce and soy sauce. Stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken mixture is golden and cooked through. Stir in lime juice and mint. Serve in lettuce leaves with mint sprigs and lime.
Nutritions of Lemongrass chicken and prawn cupsfatContent: 402.954 calories
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 7 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 72 grams protein
sodiumContent: 244 milligrams cholesterol