Enjoy chargrilled chicken salad Portuguese style - slathered in a chilli and garlic sauce.
The ingredient of Peri peri chicken salad
- 3 (about 750g) chicken breast fillets
- 125ml (1/2 cup) peri peri sauce
- 2 x 240g pkts cherry truss tomatoes
- 100g baby rocket leaves
- 1 avocado, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Peri peri sauce, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Peri peri chicken salad
- Combine the chicken and peri peri sauce in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Spray both sides of the chicken with olive oil. Cook on grill for 5-6 minutes each side or until chicken is cooked through and charred slightly. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Cook the tomatoes on grill for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Transfer to a separate plate.
- Thickly slice the chicken. Divide the chicken, tomatoes, avocado, rocket and red onion among plates. Serve with extra peri peri sauce.
Nutritions of Peri peri chicken saladfatContent: 257.164 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 7 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 30 grams protein
sodiumContent: 74 milligrams cholesterol