Tender chicken and chewy cracked wheat steal the show in this refreshing salad.
The ingredient of Sumac chicken, & burghul salad
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 teaspoons sumac
- 500g single chicken breast fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 170g (1 cup) burghul (cracked wheat)
- 200g flat beans, topped, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1/2 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
- 50g (1/3 cup) sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Olive oil spray
The instruction how to make Sumac chicken, & burghul salad
- Combine half the lemon juice, half the honey and 2 teaspoons of the sumac in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 20 minutes to marinate. Whisk together the oil and the remaining lemon juice, honey and sumac in a small jug.
- Meanwhile, place the burghul in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 20 minutes to soak. Strain through a fine sieve and use the back of a spoon to press out excess water. Transfer to a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 190u00b0C. Cook the beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Refresh under cold running water. Drain. Add the beans, parsley, cranberries and pine nuts to the burghul and toss to combine.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat. Spray lightly with olive oil spray. Drain the chicken from the marinade. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a baking tray and bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside for 2 minutes to rest. Thinly slice across the grain. Divide the salad among serving plates. Top with the chicken and drizzle over the dressing to serve.
Nutritions of Sumac chicken, & burghul saladfatContent: 421.835 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 40 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 12 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 36 grams protein
sodiumContent: 74 milligrams cholesterol