For a little weeknight inspiration, make this colourful chicken noodle dish for the family.
The ingredient of Chicken, pea and noodle salad
- 1/2 x 350g packet fresh chow mein noodles
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, cut into thin matchsticks
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups sliced cooked skinless chicken
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
The instruction how to make Chicken, pea and noodle salad
- Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until soft. Drain. Using scissors, roughly cut noodles.
- Meanwhile, place carrot and peas in a saucepan of boiling water. Cook for 3 minutes or until carrot is just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl. Add noodles, chicken and onion.
- Make dressing Place olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce and vinegar in a screw-top jar. Secure lid. Shake to combine.
- Pour dressing over noodle mixture. Toss gently to combine. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken, pea and noodle saladfatContent: 381.922 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 15 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 43 grams protein
sodiumContent: 111 milligrams cholesterol