Humble pepper was once known as black gold - discover why with this delicious dish.
The ingredient of Green peppercorn chicken curry
- 8 (about 800g) chicken thigh cutlets
- 2 brown onions, cut into wedges
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons green peppercorns in brine, drained
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Thai basil leaves, to serve
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- 4 long green chillies, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped galangal or ginger
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 purple Asian shallots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons shrimp paste
- 2 teaspoons green peppercorns, coarsely chopped
- 4 coriander roots and stems, chopped
The instruction how to make Green peppercorn chicken curry
- To make the curry paste, place the chilli, galangal, lemongrass, lime leaves, shallots, shrimp paste, peppercorns and coriander in the bowl of a food processor and process until a paste forms.
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken and cook, turning, for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add the onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until lightly brown. Add the curry paste and stir-fry for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the chicken, lime leaves, chicken stock and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the peppercorns, lime juice and fish sauce and stir to combine. Spoon among serving bowls and top with basil leaves. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Nutritions of Green peppercorn chicken curryfatContent: 416.816 calories
saturatedFatContent: 29 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 18 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 12 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 27 grams protein
sodiumContent: 100 milligrams cholesterol