Delicate meatballs with nuts, herbs and spices make a delicious mezze dish.
The ingredient of Chicken & pine nut meatballs
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 brown onion, coarsely grated
- 35g (1/2 cup) fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- Vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
- Tzatziki, to serve
- Beetroot dip, to serve
- Pita bread, warmed, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken & pine nut meatballs
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Combine chicken, onion, breadcrumbs, pine nuts, coriander, cumin and paprika in a bowl. Season. Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls. Transfer to lined tray. Cover and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Place flour on a plate. Add half the meatballs and toss to coat. Add oil to a large non-stick frying pan to come 1cm up the side of pan. Cook half the meatballs, turning once, for 8 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining meatballs.
- Serve meatballs with dip and bread.
Nutritions of Chicken & pine nut meatballsfatContent: 363.28 calories
saturatedFatContent: 30 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 7.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 16 grams protein