This flavoursome green curry is a weeknight winner.
The ingredient of Green chicken curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 800g chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed, cut into 3-4 cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon grass paste (fresh section in supermarket in a tube)
- 350g eggplant, cut into 2.5 cm pieces
- 500g kipfler potatoes, peeled, cut in chunks
- 500ml Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 270ml light coconut cream
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, cut in 4cm lengths
- 3 shallots (spring onions), trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Green chicken curry
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan with a lid. Add the curry paste and cook 1 minute. Add the chicken and lemongrass. Cook stirring often, for 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is sealed on all sides. Add the eggplant and stir to coat in the spice mix.
- Add the potatoes, stock and lime leaves. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low. Simmer covered for 20-25 minutes. The eggplant will breakdown and thicken the sauce.
- Stir in the coconut cream, broccolini and shallots. Simmer for 2 minutes. Serve topped with fresh Thai basil leaves and a squeeze of lime.
Nutritions of Green chicken curryfatContent: