Try this deliciously zesty risotto for an easy weeknight meal.
The ingredient of Chicken and lemon risotto
- 2 litres Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 80g butter
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x 200g chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2/3 cup finely grated parmesan
- 100g baby spinach
- 50g feta, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
The instruction how to make Chicken and lemon risotto
- Bring stock to the boil in a covered saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer until needed.
- Melt butter in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and thyme. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Add 1/2 cup hot stock to rice mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until stock has absorbed. Repeat with remaining hot stock, 1/2 cup at a time, until liquid has absorbed and rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan. Cook chicken for 7 to 8 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Stir peas, parmesan and spinach into risotto. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside, covered, for 2 minutes or until peas are tender. Slice the chicken. Spoon the risotto into bowls. Top with chicken. Sprinkle with fetta and lemon rind.
Nutritions of Chicken and lemon risottofatContent: 589.613 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 67.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 35.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 95 milligrams cholesterol