This quick and healthy Quinoa tabouleh with garlic chicken is a delicious and light summer meal.
The ingredient of Quinoa tabouleh with garlic chicken
- 1/2 cup white quinoa
- 500ml Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (580g) chicken breast fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200g sweet grape tomatoes, chopped
- 3 shallots (spring onions), chopped
- 1/2 cup firmly packed roughly chopped mint
- 1/2 cup firmly packed roughly chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon thyme leaves
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated & juiced
The instruction how to make Quinoa tabouleh with garlic chicken
- Combine the quinoa and 1 cup (250 ml) stock in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat, set aside for 5 minutes still covered. Cool.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken on a plate. Smear with the crushed garlic and season with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Cook the chicken 4-5 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a clean plate, set aside.
- Add the remaining stock to the pan to deglaze. Stir the bits with a wooden spoon. Simmer the stock for 5-10 minutes or until reduced to 2 tablespoons. Return the chicken to the pan and coat in the stock mixture. Remove from heat.
- Combine the cooled quinoa in a large bowl with tomatoes, shallots, mint, parsley, lemon thyme, lemon rind and juice. Season, mix well.
- Slice the chicken. Divide the tabouleh between serving plates. Top with the chicken and drizzle with and remaining pan juices. Serve. Alternately toss the chicken and remaining juices through the tabouleh, serve.
Nutritions of Quinoa tabouleh with garlic chickenfatContent: