Try this chicken, ramen and vegetable soup for a low fat meal that the kids will love.
The ingredient of Chicken, ramen and vegetable soup
- 1 litre salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 400g chicken breast fillets, halved diagonally
- 1 large carrot
- 270g packet Hakubaku Organic Ramen Noodles
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 200g green beans, cut into 2cm lengths
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Chicken, ramen and vegetable soup
- Place stock, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and 3 cups water in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Add chicken. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cut carrot into flowers. Using a sharp knife, cut out 5 thin wedges along the length of the carrot and discard. Cut carrot into 5mm-thick slices.
- Transfer chicken to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Strain stock. Return stock to pan. Discard solids. Bring stock to the boil over medium-high heat. Add noodles and carrot. Boil, partially covered, for 2 minutes. Add cauliflower and beans. Boil, partially covered, for 4 to 5 minutes or until noodles and vegetables are tender.
- Thinly slice chicken. Using tongs, divide noodles and vegetables among serving bowls. Ladle over hot soup. Serve topped with sliced chicken and onion.
Nutritions of Chicken, ramen and vegetable soupfatContent: 414.187 calories
saturatedFatContent: 3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 0.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 55.2 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 36.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 61 milligrams cholesterol