A creamy pasta combining pan-fried chicken, asparagus, shredded parmesan, basil, mushrooms and sliced honey ham.
The ingredient of Chicken & asparagus carbonara
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 200g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 100g sliced honey ham, shredded
- 3/4 cup cream
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn
- 400g penne pasta
- 2 bunches (12 spears) asparagus, cut each spear into 5cm lengths
- 3 skinless chicken breasts, halved lengthways, cut into 1cm slices
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- Extra basil leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken & asparagus carbonara
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium. Cook chicken in batches for 3-5 mins until golden and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Cook leek in same pan on medium for 5 mins until soft. Add garlic and cook for 30 secs until fragrant. Add mushrooms and ham. Cook for 3 mins until mushrooms are tender and ham crisp. Pour over cream and stock. Simmer for 1 min. Return chicken to pan with parmesan and basil and simmer for another 2 mins. to heat through.
- Meanwhile, cook penne in a large pan of boiling salted water according to packet directions. Add asparagus for the last 2 mins of cooking. Drain. Add penne and asparagus to carbonara sauce and toss to combine. Serve topped with extra basil leaves.
Nutritions of Chicken & asparagus carbonarafatContent: