Pick up a few essential ingredients to create this complete family meal.
The ingredient of Chicken with roasted vegetable couscous
- 1/2 (about 750g) butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 x 250g punnet grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large single chicken breast fillets
- 1 3/4 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
The instruction how to make Chicken with roasted vegetable couscous
- Preheat oven to 180u00c2u00baC. Spread pumpkin, onion and tomatoes over a large oven tray. Drizzle with half the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken fillets in half through the centre to make 4 thin pieces. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Bring stock to the boil in a saucepan over high heat. Add couscous. Cover tightly. Turn off heat. Stand for 5 minutes. Stir gently with a fork to separate grains. Transfer to a bowl. Add roasted vegetables. Stir gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon onto serving plates. Top with chicken. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken with roasted vegetable couscousfatContent: 569.059 calories
saturatedFatContent: 13 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 66 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 13 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 41 grams protein
sodiumContent: 74 milligrams cholesterol