Tender chicken is given a Spanish twist in this succulent chicken with capsicum and wine recipe.
The ingredient of Basque-style chicken
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 800g chicken tenderloins, tendons removed
- 1 large brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 large red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 large green capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 desiree potatoes, unpeeled, roughly chopped
- crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Basque-style chicken
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 1 minute each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining oil to frying pan. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, paprika and capsicums. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in wine. Bring to the boil. Return chicken to pan. Add tomatoes and potatoes. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid. Cook for a further 12 to 15 minutes or until potato is cooked and sauce has reduced. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon into bowls and serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Basque-style chickenfatContent: 441.194 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 14 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 49 grams protein
sodiumContent: 118 milligrams cholesterol