Wrap mozzarella and basil-stuffed chicken breasts in prosciutto to give a gourmet touch to tonights dinner. Serve with pasta in passata for a complete meal.
The ingredient of Prosciutto-wrapped chicken
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 large buffalo mozzarella* (200g), or 4 or 5 bocconcini, finely sliced
- 16 semi-dried tomatoes
- 24 basil leaves, plus extra small basil leaves to serve
- 8 prosciutto slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 300g tagliatelle
- 1 1/2 cups tomato passata (sugo)*
The instruction how to make Prosciutto-wrapped chicken
- Preheat oven to 180C. Using a small, sharp knife, slice through the centre of each chicken breast to make a pocket (without cutting all the way through). Fill each pocket with equal amounts of mozzarella, tomatoes and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Lay 2 slices of prosciutto slightly overlapping on the work surface, then place a chicken breast on top and wrap to enclose the filling.
- Repeat for remaining prosciutto and chicken.
- Heat oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken breasts for about 6 minutes until browned on all sides. Transfer to oven and bake a further 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water according to packet instructions, then drain. Heat passata in a pan over medium heat, then toss warm passata through cooked pasta. Slice chicken and serve over pasta, scattered with small basil leaves.
Nutritions of Prosciutto-wrapped chickenfatContent: 1107.765 calories
saturatedFatContent: 43 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 20 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 75 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 21 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 97 grams protein
sodiumContent: 208 milligrams cholesterol