Feeling under the weather? Theres nothing better than chicken noodle soup to make you feel better, expecially when it has the added goodness of garlic, lemongrass and chilli.
The ingredient of Thai chicken noodle soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 fresh red birdseye chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 stem lemon grass, pale section only, bruised
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 (about 500g) single chicken breast fillets
- 1 x 400g pkt fresh thin rice noodles
- 80ml (1/3 cup) fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 x 150g pkt baby spinach leaves
- 1/2cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves, to garnish Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Thai chicken noodle soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, chilli and lemon grass, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add stock. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Add chicken and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Use a slotted spoon to transfer chicken to a plate. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Coarsely shred chicken.
- Add the noodles to the stock. Bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes or until noodles are tender. Add the lime juice, fish sauce and chicken, and cook for a further 1 minute or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add the spinach and remove from heat. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
- Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Top with spinach and coriander. Serve immediately with lime wedges, if desired.
Nutritions of Thai chicken noodle soupfatContent: 300.662 calories
saturatedFatContent: 8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 22 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 33 grams protein