This hearty meal will improve anyones Thursday night - the family will love it! See notes section for Low FODMAP diet tip.
The ingredient of Chicken, bacon and rice bake
- 8 rashers middle bacon, rind removed
- 8 skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup white long-grain rice
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 small lemon, rind grated, juiced
- 2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
The instruction how to make Chicken, bacon and rice bake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Lay bacon flat on a board and cut the round, lean eye off each rasher. Dice eye pieces. Wrap 1 length of remaining bacon around each chicken thigh. Secure with toothpicks.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until bacon is light golden. Remove to a plate.
- Add rice and diced bacon to frying pan. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add onions, garlic, turmeric, lemon rind, stock, and salt and pepper to frying pan. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until well combined. Transfer mixture to an ovenproof casserole dish. Arrange chicken thighs over rice, pressing down gently. Cover with a tight-fitting lid or foil.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven. Drizzle with lemon juice. Sprinkle with coriander. Remove toothpicks. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken, bacon and rice bakefatContent: 804.235 calories
saturatedFatContent: 42 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 43 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 63 grams protein
sodiumContent: 239 milligrams cholesterol