Try this addictive combination of aromatic chicken and fluffy couscous for your next dinner.
The ingredient of Chicken with lemon and olives
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- Salt & ground black pepper
- 1 kg chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 125mls (1/2 cup) dry white wine
- 625mls (2 1/2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 lemons, sliced, deseeded
- 150g (1 cup) whole green olives
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed herbs (fresh mint and Continental parsley)
- 285g (1 1/2 cups) couscous
- 500mls (2 cups) boiling extra Massel chicken style liquid stock or water
The instruction how to make Chicken with lemon and olives
- Place the plain flour in a plastic bag and season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken pieces to the bag in batches and shake well until the chicken is lightly coated in flour. Shake off any excess flour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook for 1-2 minutes or until browned all over. Remove from pan.
- Heat the remaining oil in a heat-resistant casserole dish or large saucepan. Add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Stir in the garlic and cook for a further 1 minute. Add the wine and bring to the boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until reduced slightly.
- Add the chicken pieces and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Add the lemon slices and olives and simmer, uncovered, for a further 15- 20 minutes or until chicken is very tender and almost falling from the bones. Season with salt and pepper and stir through the chopped mint and parsley.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a heat-resistant bowl and pour the boiling stock or water over while stirring. Cover and stand for 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Stir with a fork to separate the grains and season with salt and pepper. Spoon into serving dishes, then spoon the chicken with lemon and olives over the couscous and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Chicken with lemon and olivesfatContent: 784.398 calories
saturatedFatContent: 34 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 71 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 42 grams protein
sodiumContent: 138 milligrams cholesterol