These easy pies make a fabulous Friday dinner.
The ingredient of Satay chicken pies
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 280ml can coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 750g chicken thighs, cut into 2cm cubes
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
The instruction how to make Satay chicken pies
- Combine peanut butter, sweet chilli, soy sauce and coconut cream. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add chicken. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring, or until browned. Add onions. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in peanut sauce. Remove from heat. Refrigerate until cold.
- Place a baking tray into oven. Preheat oven and tray to 200u00b0C. Grease 6 x 7.5cm (base), 12cm (top) pie pans.
- Cut pastry sheets into quarters. Use shortcrust pieces to line pans. Fill pies with chicken mixture. Brush edges with water. Top with puff pastry. Press edges together. Brush with egg. Cut shapes from remaining shortcrust pastry. Place onto pies. Brush with egg. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place pies onto hot baking tray. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Serve.
Nutritions of Satay chicken piesfatContent: