Catering for the masses is made easier with this tasty chicken salad that has macadamia nuts for extra crunch.
The ingredient of Chicken, pancetta and macadamia salad
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 4 black peppercorns
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1kg chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 150g thinly-sliced pancetta, chopped
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 250g grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch mizuna lettuce leaves (see note), trimmed, large leaves torn in half
- 1 cup small basil leaves (or torn large leaves)
- 3/4 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 small lemon, juiced
The instruction how to make Chicken, pancetta and macadamia salad
- Bring a deep frying pan of water to the boil over medium-high heat. Add lemon, peppercorns, bay leaf and chicken. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate. Allow to cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add oil and pancetta. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until light golden. Add macadamias. Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until golden. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Make lemon mayonnaise: Combine mayonnaise, mustard and 2 teaspoons lemon juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Shred chicken and place in a large bowl. Add pancetta mixture and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lemon mayonnaise. Gently toss to combine. Toss through mizuna and basil. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken, pancetta and macadamia saladfatContent: 234.459 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 4 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 23 grams protein
sodiumContent: 61 milligrams cholesterol