Cut open the golden crumb coating for a weeknight meal thats just oozing with flavour.
The ingredient of Crumbed chicken with pancetta and mozzarella
- 4 (about 150g each) single chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon red pepper tapenade or sun-dried tomato pesto
- 20g baby spinach leaves
- 4 thin slices pancetta, halved
- 70g mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 90g (1 cup) dried (packaged) breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Crumbed chicken with pancetta and mozzarella
- Use a small sharp knife to cut a horizontal slit in the thickest part of each chicken breast to create a pocket. Spread 1 teaspoon of the tapenade or pesto evenly inside each pocket. Divide spinach leaves, pancetta and mozzarella among the pockets and use toothpicks to secure.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. Whisk together the egg and milk in a shallow bowl. Place the breadcrumbs on a large plate.
- Coat the chicken in the flour and shake off any excess. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, then the breadcrumbs, pressing firmly to coat. Place the chicken on a plate, cover loosely with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until lightly browned. Transfer the chicken to the lined tray.
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Divide the crumbed chicken among serving plates and serve immediately with mixed salad leaves.
Nutritions of Crumbed chicken with pancetta and mozzarellafatContent: 493.535 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 25 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 49 grams protein
sodiumContent: 214 milligrams cholesterol