Add a touch of sweetness to the classic roast chicken with this delicious ginger beer glaze.
The ingredient of Ginger beer roasted chicken
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) ginger beer
- 1kg washed baby potatoes
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5kg Lilydale Free Range Whole Chicken
- 2 Royal Gala apples, cut into wedges
- Sliced Coles Bakery Stone Baked White Sourdough bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Ginger beer roasted chicken
- Place the ginger beer in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins or until ginger beer has reduced to 1/2 cup (125ml).
- Preheat oven to 190C. Place the potatoes, rosemary, onion and oil in a bowl. Season. Toss to combine. Arrange in the base of a large roasting pan. Place the chicken over the potato mixture. Brush the chicken with a little of the ginger beer and season. Roast, brushing chicken occasionally with the remaining ginger beer, for 1 hour.
- Add the apple to the pan and roast, covering the chicken with foil to prevent over-browning if needed, for a further 30 mins or until the chicken is cooked through. Cover the chicken with foil and set aside for 10 mins to rest.
- Arrange the chicken and roasted apple mixture on a serving platter. Serve with the bread.
Nutritions of Ginger beer roasted chickenfatContent: