For an effortless weeknight meal you cant go past this flavoursome one-pan chicken and eggplant curry.
The ingredient of Chicken and eggplant curry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 eggplant, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 500g Coles Australian RSPCA Approved Chicken Thigh Fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1/3 cup (100g) korma curry paste
- 300ml Bulla Cooking Cream
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 150g sugar snap peas
- 2 x 250g Coles Brown Rice & Quinoa
- 1/2 cup coriander sprigs
- 1/2 cup (70g) slivered almonds, toasted
The instruction how to make Chicken and eggplant curry
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the eggplant, stirring, for 7 mins or until golden and tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, stirring, for 5 mins or until browned. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until chicken is well coated.
- Add the cream and 1/2 cup (125ml) water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 mins or until chicken is cooked and sauce thickens. Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 mins or until tomatoes are heated through and start to split. Add the eggplant and sugar snap peas. Cook for 1 min or until the sugar snap peas are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the rice mixture following packet directions.
- 5. Top curry with coriander sprigs. Serve with rice mixture and almonds.
Nutritions of Chicken and eggplant curryfatContent: 815.229 calories
saturatedFatContent: 47 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 56 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 12 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 37 grams protein