This colourful Spanish dish similar to risotto will put a smile on your dial. Chicken and rice are flavoured with white wine and garlic - a classic combination mixed with vegies and olives.
The ingredient of Spanish chicken and rice
- 3 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- Large pinch of saffron threads
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large chicken thigh cutlets, skin on
- 1 leek, trimmed, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup marinated split green olives
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
The instruction how to make Spanish chicken and rice
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced.
- Place stock, saffron and 1 cup water in a microwave-safe jug. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes or until hot. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a 5cm-deep, 24cm round (base) heavy-based flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook for 4 minutes each side or until well browned. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Drain all but 1 tablespoon oil from pan.
- Add leek, capsicum, bay leaves and garlic to dish. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek softens. Add rice. Cook for 1 minute. Add wine. Bring to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until wine evaporates. Stir in stock mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Nestle chicken into the rice mixture, skin-side up. Cover. Bring to a simmer. Transfer to oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and chicken and rice are cooked through. Remove from oven. Stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with olives, lemon zest and chives. Serve.
Nutritions of Spanish chicken and ricefatContent: 574.795 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 63.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 27 grams protein
sodiumContent: 95 milligrams cholesterol