Comfort food like no other, this simple chicken curry is sure to become a family favourite.
The ingredient of Comfort chicken curry
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 fresh long green chilli, deseeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons mild Indian curry powder
- 10 chicken lovely legs
- 500g sweet potato, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 125ml (1/2 cup) coconut milk
- Steamed basmati rice, to serve
- Sliced fresh long green chilli, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Comfort chicken curry
- Process the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli in a small food processor to a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion mixture, stirring often, for 8 minutes or until slightly golden. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the chicken legs and turn to coat in the onion mixture. Add the sweet potato and stock. Simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and cook for a further 15 minutes or until liquid has reduced and thickened. Add the coconut milk and simmer for 5u00a0minutes. Serve curry with steamed rice and extra sliced green chilli.
Nutritions of Comfort chicken curryfatContent: 677.326 calories
saturatedFatContent: 27 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 50 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 53 grams protein