Simmer this stove-top chicken cacciatore to keep the whole family happy and weeknight cooking stress-free.
The ingredient of Easy chicken cacciatore
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 4 chicken thigh cutlets (skin on), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 x 410g cans crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- Cooked fettuccine, to serve
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
The instruction how to make Easy chicken cacciatore
- Place the flour and chicken in a large bowl. Season with pepper. Toss to coat. Remove chicken, shaking off excess flour.
- Heat half the oil in a large heavy-based flameproof casserole dish over mediumhigh heat. Cook chicken, in batches, turning, for 8 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add wine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in tomato and oregano. Return chicken to pan. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 40 minutes. Remove lid. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens slightly. Stir in olives. Serve with fettuccine and beans, sprinkled with parsley.
Nutritions of Easy chicken cacciatorefatContent: 861.834 calories
saturatedFatContent: 36 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 84.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 41.2 grams protein
sodiumContent: 158 milligrams cholesterol