Mexican is a family favourite and this dinner wont leave them disappointed. Cheesy baked chicken topped with avocado and tomato salsa is a sure way to entertain.
The ingredient of Cheesy chicken enchilada bake
- 300ml tub sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Mexican chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
The instruction how to make Cheesy chicken enchilada bake
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Combine sour cream, coriander and 1/2 cup cheese in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, chilli powder and cumin. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomato. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in chicken.
- Grease a 7.5cm-deep, 22cm round (8-cup-capacity) ovenproof dish. Place 1 tortilla in base of dish. Top with1/3 cup chicken mixture, spreading to cover tortilla evenly. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons remaining cheese. Top with another tortilla, pressing to secure. Repeat layering, finishing with a tortilla. Spoon sour cream mixture evenly over tortilla. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make Salsa Combine avocado, coriander, red onion, tomato and lime juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over bake. Serve.
Nutritions of Cheesy chicken enchilada bakefatContent: 674.458 calories
saturatedFatContent: 42.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 22 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 33.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 38.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 145 milligrams cholesterol