This tasty cheesy favourite gets a nutritious makeover with the addition of peas and broccoli, and a makeunder by cutting back on the fat.
The ingredient of Cheesy chicken macaroni bake
- 1 1/2 cups dried macaroni pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, sliced
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 300ml light cooking cream
- 50g shaved ham, sliced
- 300g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup frozen baby peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 125g grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat grated tasty cheese
The instruction how to make Cheesy chicken macaroni bake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Cook macaroni in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add chicken. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned. Add flour and mustard. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add cream and ham. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Add broccoli, peas, parsley and macaroni. Toss to coat. Spoon mixture into four 2 cup-capacity ovenproof dishes. Top with tomato. Combine breadcrumbs and cheese. Sprinkle over pasta mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until tops are golden and cheese melted. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve.
Nutritions of Cheesy chicken macaroni bakefatContent: 685.691 calories
saturatedFatContent: 31 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 53 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 46 grams protein
sodiumContent: 156 milligrams cholesterol