Raise your glass to this reinvented Sunday night lemon and thyme roast chicken.
The ingredient of Lemon and thyme roast chicken
- 1.8kg whole chicken
- 3 lemons
- 1 bulb garlic, halved crossways
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme
- 3/4 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Steamed chat potatoes, to serve
- Green beans, to serve
The instruction how to make Lemon and thyme roast chicken
- Preheat oven to 200C/18C fan-forced. Wash chicken (including cavity) under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towel. Place chicken, breast-side down, in a roasting pan.
- Cut 1 lemon into quarters. Place in cavity. Cut remaining lemons in half. Arrange lemon, garlic and half the thyme sprigs around chicken. Add stock to pan. Place remaining thyme on chicken. Drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast chicken for 1 hour 15 minutes. Turn chicken, breast-side up. Roast for 15 minutes or until golden and juices run clear when chicken thigh is pierced with a skewer. Cover loosely with foil and stand for 5 minutes. Serve chicken accompanied by lemon halves, potato and beans.
Nutritions of Lemon and thyme roast chickenfatContent: 438.087 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 2 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 1 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 62 grams protein
sodiumContent: 211 milligrams cholesterol