"Caesar salad is always a winning option and the simple addition of lemon and sesame seeds adds a wonderful zing to the pan-fried chicken. My tip? Serve it with loads of dressing and freshly grated parmesan," says Katie Quinn Davies.
The ingredient of Lemon chicken caesar salad
- 8 chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1/2 loaf day-old sourdough bread, crusts removed, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons chopped tarragon
- 2 baby cos lettuces, leaves separated
- 4 eggs, poached
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 200ml sunflower oil
- 3 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 4 anchovy fillets, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
The instruction how to make Lemon chicken caesar salad
- Place chicken, juice, oil and a pinch of pepper in a large bowl. Combine well using your hands. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1-2 hours to marinate.
- For the dressing, place the yolks, juice and a pinch of salt in a food processor and whiz to combine. With the motor running, add the oil in a slow, steady stream until you have a thick, glossy mayonnaise. Add vinegar, anchovies, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and cheese, then whiz to combine. Season with pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line 2 trays with baking paper. Place bread on one tray, drizzle with extra oil and toss to combine. Place prosciutto on remaining tray, then bake for 10-12 minutes until bread is golden and prosciutto is crisp. Cool. Break prosciutto in half lengthways.
- Heat a large frypan over high heat until smoking. Sprinkle sesame seeds over both sides of chicken, then cook for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Sprinkle with tarragon, rest for 10 minutes, then slice into 1.5cm strips.
- Divide lettuce, chicken, croutons, prosciutto and extra anchovy, if using, among plates. Drizzle with dressing, sprinkle with extra cheese and top with poached eggs, to serve.
Nutritions of Lemon chicken caesar saladfatContent: 1167.993 calories
saturatedFatContent: 89.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 32.4 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3.5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 63.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 472 milligrams cholesterol