Make cheese and spinach stuffed chicken for fast and flavoursome weeknight fare.
The ingredient of Chicken stuffed with bocconcini & spinach
- 250g baby spinach leaves
- 600g Red Delight potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) skim milk, warmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 (about 150g each) chicken breast fillets
- 2 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 100g bocconcini, thinly sliced
- Olive oil spray, to grease
- Steamed broccolini, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken stuffed with bocconcini & spinach
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Place spinach in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 30 seconds or until just wilted. Refresh under cold running water. Drain and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Cook potato in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to pan. Use a potato masher to mash until smooth. Gradually add milk and mash until creamy. Stir through chives.
- Meanwhile, use a small sharp knife to cut a deep horizontal slit into the side of each chicken breast to create a pocket (dont cut all the way through). Divide tomato, bocconcini and spinach among pockets. Secure with toothpicks.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Spray with oil. Cook chicken for 2 minutes each side or until lightly browned. Transfer to a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Remove toothpicks from chicken and serve with potato and broccolini.
Nutritions of Chicken stuffed with bocconcini & spinachfatContent: 344.877 calories
saturatedFatContent: 8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 19 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 46 grams protein
sodiumContent: 106 milligrams cholesterol