If your family likes sushi, then this deconstructed version in a bowl will save you rolling time.
The ingredient of Teriyaki chicken sushi bowl
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup teriyaki marinade
- 1 1/2 cups sushi rice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 1/4 cup pickled ginger
The instruction how to make Teriyaki chicken sushi bowl
- Place chicken and marinade in a glass or ceramic bowl. Turn to coat. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain rice 3 times under cold water until water runs clear. Place rice and 11/2 cups cold water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 12 minutes or until water has absorbed. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Use a spatula to break up lumps of rice. Slowly add mirin, lifting and turning rice with a spatula, until rice has cooled.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook chicken, in 2 batches, for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Divide rice between serving bowls. Top with chicken, cucumber and pickled ginger. Serve.
Nutritions of Teriyaki chicken sushi bowlfatContent: 568.342 calories
saturatedFatContent: 13.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 74.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 36 grams protein
sodiumContent: 130 milligrams cholesterol