The ultimate in comfort food, this hearty chicken casserole will warm you up on cold winter nights.
The ingredient of Chicken and celery casserole
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets, chopped
- 60g butter, chopped
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 4 rashers bacon, rind removed, diced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 410g can cream of celery soup
- 2 carrots, peeled, diced
- 3 celery sticks, diced
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
The instruction how to make Chicken and celery casserole
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place flour, and salt and pepper into a plastic bag. Shake to combine. Add chicken to bag. Toss to coat. Place chicken into an 8-cup capacity ovenproof casserole dish in a single layer.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion and bacon, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add to chicken. Add remaining flour (from bag) to frying pan. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Combine water and soup. Pour into frying pan, stirring until mixture just comes to the boil. Pour over chicken. Add carrots and celery. Stir to combine. Cover. Bake for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove lid. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, for a further 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken and celery casserolefatContent: 815.946 calories
saturatedFatContent: 54 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 23 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 22 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 59 grams protein
sodiumContent: 281 milligrams cholesterol