Chicken is given an international twist in this crunchy, colourful tortilla thats so easy to make and budget-friendly, too.
The ingredient of Chicken and capsicum tortillas
- 2 (about 120g each) single chicken breasts, skin removed
- 1 small red capsicum
- 1 small yellow capsicum
- 1 Spanish onion
- 1 lime, rind grated, juiced
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) vegetable oil
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 cup hummus
- Butter lettuce leaves, to serve
- Sour cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken and capsicum tortillas
- Cut chicken, capsicums and onion into thin strips and place in a bowl. Add lime rind, chilli and oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Warm the tortillas following packet directions.
- Heat a chargrill pan to high. When it is hot, add the chicken mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes until charred (you may need to do these in batches, if so, keep the cooked batch warm in the oven). Stir in the lime juice and half the coriander.
- Spread tortillas with hummus, top with lettuce leaves, chicken and scatter with remaining coriander. Serve with sour cream.
Nutritions of Chicken and capsicum tortillasfatContent: 444.54 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 29 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 24 grams protein
sodiumContent: 35 milligrams cholesterol