Adding eggs at the end of this classic Chinese soup creates a swirled ribbon effect.
The ingredient of Chicken egg drop soup
- 2 litres Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup shao hsing wine (Chinese rice wine) (see tip)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, halved
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 350g packet fresh Singapore noodles
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups thinly sliced skinless cooked chicken (see note)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Chicken egg drop soup
- Combine stock, wine, oyster sauce, ginger, garlic, oil and 3 cups cold water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes. Discard ginger and garlic.
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 1 minute. Separate noodles with a fork. Drain.
- Slowly add egg to soup in a thin steady stream, stirring constantly with a fork. Once egg forms ribbons, remove soup from heat.
- Divide noodles, chicken and onion between bowls. Ladle over hot soup. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken egg drop soupfatContent: 253.34 calories
saturatedFatContent: 8.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 17.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 23.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 145 milligrams cholesterol