A warming and delicious cool weather soup, this hearty chicken and vegetable soup will leave you feeling souper!.
The ingredient of Chicken, tomato and chickpea soup
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 100g shortcut rindless bacon, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 carrot, peeled, diced
- 1 stick celery, halved lengthways, chopped
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 (200g each) chicken breast fillets, trimmed, diced
- 400g canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 100g green beans, trimmed, cut into thirds
- 4 crusty wholemeal bread rolls, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken, tomato and chickpea soup
- Spray a large saucepan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Add onion, bacon and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add carrot and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and stock. Increase heat to medium-high. Bring to the boil. Add chicken. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through.
- Add chickpeas and beans. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until beans are bright green and tender. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls. Serve with bread rolls.
Nutritions of Chicken, tomato and chickpea soupfatContent: 397.218 calories
saturatedFatContent: 8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 37 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 40 grams protein
sodiumContent: 74 milligrams cholesterol