Lemon and garlic add flavour to the chicken as well as ensuring it is extra juicy.
The ingredient of Chicken with lemon and garlic
- 4 chicken Maryland pieces
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 85g unsalted butter, softened
The instruction how to make Chicken with lemon and garlic
- Pre-heat oven to 220u00b0C. Place the lemon rind, butter, garlic, thyme leaves, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix until combined. Set aside.
- Using your fingers or the back of a teaspoon, push deeply but gently between the skin and flesh of each chicken Maryland piece to separate them and form a pocket. Divide the lemon butter mixture between four chicken thighs, pushing the butter evenly down towards the drumstick. Wipe any remaining butter over the surface of the chicken skin.
- Place the chicken in a large baking dish lined with baking paper. Scatter a few extra thyme sprigs in the dish. Bake for 25 minutes, basting regularly until golden. Serve with steamed vegetables.
Nutritions of Chicken with lemon and garlicfatContent: 386.463 calories
saturatedFatContent: 27 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14 grams saturated fat
cholesterolContent: 35 grams protein
sodiumContent: 210 milligrams cholesterol