Use your fork to break through the crunchy filo pastry to reveal the delicious chicken and corn filling hidden underneath.
The ingredient of Chicken and corn filo parcels
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g chicken mince
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 310g can corn kernels, drained
- 60g butter, melted, cooled
- 10 sheets filo pastry
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- steamed vegetables, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken and corn filo parcels
- Combine cornflour, soy sauce and stock in a jug. Set aside. Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add mince. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add onions. Cook for 1 minute. Add stock mixture. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce comes to the boil. Stir in corn. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Brush a baking tray with a little melted butter. Place 1 pastry sheet on workbench and brush with butter. Top with another pastry sheet. Brush with butter. Repeat with another 3 pastry sheets to make 5 layers. Cut in half crossways to form 2 rectangles.
- Spoon one-quarter of the mince mixture into the centre of each rectangle. Fold long sides in to cover filling. Fold ends over to seal. Place, seam side down, on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining pastry, butter and mince mixture.
- Brush parcels with butter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Serve with vegetables.
Nutritions of Chicken and corn filo parcelsfatContent: 515.284 calories
saturatedFatContent: 29 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 32 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 30 grams protein
sodiumContent: 147 milligrams cholesterol