Chicken and prawns fill this sensational Thai-style omelette.
The ingredient of Chicken pad Thai omelettes
- 75g rice stick (pad Thai) noodles
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tamarind puree
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 200g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 12 green prawns, peeled, deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic chives
- 1/3 cup beansprouts, trimmed
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup coriander sprigs, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken pad Thai omelettes
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with warm water and stand for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside. Combine 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons fish sauce, sugar and tamarind in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat. Add chicken and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until light golden. Add prawns and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until pink. Transfer chicken and prawns to a plate.
- Add garlic and lemon juice mixture to wok. Cook for 3 minutes or until reduced and syrupy.
- Return chicken and prawns to wok. Add noodles, chives and beansprouts. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until noodles are coated in sauce. Add peanuts and toss to combine. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm. Wipe wok clean with paper towel.
- Whisk remaining 2 teaspoons fish sauce, pepper and eggs until well combined. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok. Pour in half the egg mixture and swirl to form a thin omelette. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until almost set. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining oil and egg mixture. Spoon half the chicken mixture onto 1 half of each omelette. Fold omelette to enclose. Top with coriander and serve.
Nutritions of Chicken pad Thai omelettesfatContent: 968.667 calories
saturatedFatContent: 59 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 36 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 18 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 72 grams protein
sodiumContent: 838 milligrams cholesterol