With rave review you cant go past this fragrant Malaysian chicken curry.
The ingredient of Malaysian chicken curry
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 brown onions, cut into wedges
- 8 (about 800g) chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 star anise
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 teaspoons grated palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Finely shredded kaffir lime leaves, to serve
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 long fresh red chillies, seeded, finely chopped (seeds optional)
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 4 purple Asian shallots, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup (60ml) peanut oil
The instruction how to make Malaysian chicken curry
- Place all curry paste ingredients in a food processor and process until a smooth paste forms. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add chicken, lime leaves, cinnamon, star anise, coconut milk and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes, or until sauce thickens and chicken is tender. Remove from heat. Add palm sugar and fish sauce; stir to combine. Taste and season with sugar and fish sauce.
- Spoon among serving bowls. Top with lime leaves and serve with rice, if desired.
Nutritions of Malaysian chicken curryfatContent: 652.948 calories
saturatedFatContent: 52 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 23 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 8 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 39 grams protein
sodiumContent: 158 milligrams cholesterol