Take the elbow work out of dinner - this risotto doesnt need constant stirring.
The ingredient of Mushroom risotto with tarragon chicken
- 750ml (3 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 330g (1 1/2 cups) arborio rice
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 4 (about 200g each) single chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 40g butter
- 200g small Swiss brown mushrooms, trimmed, quartered
- 150g oyster mushrooms, torn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 40g (1/2 cup) finely grated parmesan
The instruction how to make Mushroom risotto with tarragon chicken
- Bring stock and water to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat half the oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the grains appear glassy. Add the wine and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the stock mixture. Bring to the boil, stirring often. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the tarragon. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Heat half the butter in the frying pan over medium heat. Add the combined mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the mushroom mixture, parsley, remaining butter and half the parmesan to the risotto. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Thickly slice the chicken diagonally. Divide the risotto among serving bowls. Top with the chicken and remaining parmesan to serve.
Nutritions of Mushroom risotto with tarragon chickenfatContent: 754.284 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 68 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 58 grams protein
sodiumContent: 150 milligrams cholesterol