Learn how to make delicious Chicken Pho at home.
The ingredient of Vietnamese chicken pho
- 1 litre Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, halved
- 2 star anise
- 3 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 x 250g packet Changs Thai-style rice noodles (pad Thai)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups sliced cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced thinly sliced
- Red birdseye chilli (optional), to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Vietnamese chicken pho
- Combine stock, 2 1/2 cups cold water, ginger, star anise, soy sauce and fish sauce in a large saucepan over high heat. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until tender. Separate noodles with a fork. Drain well.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove star anise and ginger from stock mixture. Stir in lime juice. Divide noodles between serving bowls. Top with chicken. Pour over stock mixture. Sprinkle with mint, coriander, onion and chilli, if using. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutritions of Vietnamese chicken phofatContent: 281.542 calories
saturatedFatContent: 5.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 30.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 25.2 grams protein
sodiumContent: 61 milligrams cholesterol