If you dont feel like too much cooking tonight, pick up a roast chicken and reinvent it in this tasty ricotta and herb recipe.
The ingredient of Ricotta and herb chicken
- 150g fresh ricotta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Olive oil, to grease
- 1 warm roast chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra
The instruction how to make Ricotta and herb chicken
- Place the ricotta, parsley, basil and garlic in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and stir until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Lightly brush a baking tray with oil to grease. Place the chicken, breast-side up, on a clean work surface. Use poultry shears or sharp kitchen scissors to cut the breast in half along the breastbone. Open the chicken and cut along either side of the backbone. Discard backbone. Cut around the legs, between the thigh and breast pieces.
- Place chicken on tray. Carefully lift the skin from the cut side of 1 chicken piece. Place one-quarter of the ricotta mixture over the chicken and replace the skin to enclose. Repeat with remaining chicken and ricotta mixture. Drizzle over the extra oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through. Divide among serving plates. Serve with the potatoes, salad and capsicums.
Nutritions of Ricotta and herb chickenfatContent: 544.442 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 1 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 1 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 87 grams protein
sodiumContent: 305 milligrams cholesterol