This pot of cacciatore can also be served with pasta.
The ingredient of Speedy chicken cacciatore
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, halved
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 400g can diced tomatoes with roasted capsicum
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/2 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives, halved
- Couscous, to serve
- Steamed broccolini, to serve
The instruction how to make Speedy chicken cacciatore
- Heat oil in a large, deep, frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion and garlic to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add wine. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until reduced by half. Add tomato, sugar and stock. Bring to the boil.
- Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, partially covered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Add parsley and olives. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Divide couscous between plates. Spoon over chicken mixture and serve with broccolini.
Nutritions of Speedy chicken cacciatorefatContent: 334.6 calories
saturatedFatContent: 16 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 9 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 35 grams protein
sodiumContent: 141 milligrams cholesterol