This delicious Thai-style soup is quick and easy to make.
The ingredient of Thai coconut chicken soup
- 1 litre Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 x 270ml cans coconut milk
- 1 lemongrass stalk, trimmed, bruised, quartered
- 8 slices fresh galangal
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 2 small red chillies, halved lengthways
- 1 1/2 cups skinless shredded roast chicken (see related recipe)
- 100g button mushrooms, halved
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
The instruction how to make Thai coconut chicken soup
- Place stock, coconut milk, lemongrass, galangal, lime leaves and chilli in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove lemongrass, lime leaves, galangal and chilli.
- Add chicken, mushroom, fish sauce, lime juice and sugar to pan. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until mushroom has softened.
- Spoon soup into bowls. Serve topped with coriander.
Nutritions of Thai coconut chicken soupfatContent: 460.314 calories
saturatedFatContent: 37 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 31 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 11 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 20 grams protein
sodiumContent: 49 milligrams cholesterol