Create the flavours of South America at home with sauteed chicken and capsicum.
The ingredient of Brazilian-style chicken
- 2 tablespoons Coles olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red capsicums, thinly sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Salt, to season
- Freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Steamed long grain rice, to serve
- Steamed broccoli, to serve
The instruction how to make Brazilian-style chicken
- Score the skin on the drumsticks with a sharp knife. Sprinkle the chicken all over with salt and black pepper. Place a large heavy frying pan on medium-high heat. Drizzle oil into the hot pan and add the chicken, skin side down. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown all over. Transfer to a plate and drain all but 1 tablespoon of the oil from the pan.
- Add the onions and saute for 2 minutes. Add capsicums, tomatoes and garlic and saute for 4 minutes or until the capsicum has softened slightly. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste. Return chicken to the pan. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with steamed rice and broccoli.
Nutritions of Brazilian-style chickenfatContent: