Jill loves the contrast of delicate steamed chicken with crunchy greens and a punchy wasabi dressing.
The ingredient of Steamed chicken with wasabi and greens
- 1/2 bunch spring onions
- 4 x 180g chicken breast fillets
- 300g snow peas, trimmed
- 2 zucchinis, halved lengthways, sliced
- 1/2 bunch chives
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low-fat natural yoghurt
The instruction how to make Steamed chicken with wasabi and greens
- Place a large steamer in a saucepan filled with 2cm water. Place over high heat and bring to the boil.
- Cut the spring onions in half. Finely slice the green tops on an angle, then trim the roots from the stalks.
- Rub the chicken with salt, then place in the steamer and steam for 6-8 minutes. Add the spring onion stalks, snow peas and zucchini, then steam for a further 8-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, for the dressing, whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Remove the chicken from the steamer and thickly slice. Divide among 4 serving plates with the spring onion stalks, snow peas and zucchini. Spoon the dressing over the chicken, season with black pepper and serve with chives and chopped spring onion tops.
Nutritions of Steamed chicken with wasabi and greensfatContent: 241.629 calories
saturatedFatContent: 4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 7 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 44 grams protein
sodiumContent: 108 milligrams cholesterol