Add new twist to a classic curry favourite, with this golden baked butter chicken pie.
The ingredient of Cheats butter chicken pie
- 500g Coles Australian RSPCA Approved Chicken Thigh Fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 485g jar Coles Butter Chicken Simmer Sauce
- 500g pkt frozen mixed vegetables
- 250g pkt microwave basmati rice
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg, lightly whisked
The instruction how to make Cheats butter chicken pie
- Preheat oven to 200C. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until chicken is just cooked. Add the simmer sauce and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat. Add the mixed vegetables and stir to combine.
- Spoon the rice over the base of an 8-cup (2L) ovenproof dish. Pour the chicken mixture over the rice.
- Place pastry on a clean work surface. Attach 1 edge of a pastry sheet to 1 edge of remaining pastry sheet to make a rectangle. Use a 4cm star-shaped pastry cutter to cut stars from pastry and reserve. Brush pastry rectangle lightly with a little egg. Top with the reserved pastry stars and lightly brush with remaining egg. Place pastry over chicken mixture and trim the edges. Bake for 20-25 mins or until pastry is puffed and golden and pie filling is heated through.
Nutritions of Cheats butter chicken piefatContent: 768.863 calories
saturatedFatContent: 34 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 76 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 14 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 35 grams protein