For a meal well worth the wait, try this slow-cooked chicken cacciatore served with creamy mashed potato.
The ingredient of Slow-cooked chicken cacciatore
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2kg Coles RSCPA Approved Whole Chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 brown onion, thickly sliced
- 2 celery sticks, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 x 400g cans crushed tomatoes
- 300g button or cup mushrooms
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1/2 cup (75g) pitted kalamata olives
- Basil leaves, to garnish
- Mashed potato, to serve
The instruction how to make Slow-cooked chicken cacciatore
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 4 mins each side or until golden all over. Transfer to a 5.5 litre slow cooker.
- Add onion, celery, tomato paste, canned tomato, mushrooms, stock, vinegar and rosemary to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until chicken is tender, adding mushrooms during the last 1 hour of cooking. Sprinkle with olives and basil. Serve with mash.
Nutritions of Slow-cooked chicken cacciatorefatContent: