*Disclaimer: This recipe is a member recipe. It has not been tested by the taste.com.au team.
The ingredient of Creamy chicken and chorizo tagliatelle
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g skinless chicken breast, fat removed, thinly sliced
- 25g butter
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 brown onion or white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 chorizo sausages, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 500ml passata (Italian pasta sauce)
- 200ml thickened cream
- 500g tagliatelle pasta
The instruction how to make Creamy chicken and chorizo tagliatelle
- Heat 2/3 of the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook chicken in batches for 2-3 minutes or until lightly seared all over. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat butter, remaining olive oil and half of the white wine in the pan and cook onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes or until soft, stirring constantly. Add sliced chorizo, capsicum and mushroom and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Return chicken to pan and combine with passata, tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, basil (leave a little for garnish at the end) parmesan cheese and remaining white wine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine and reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, stiring occasionally.
- Prepare pasta according to packet instructions.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in cream until mixed through. Serve with drained pasta and garnish with leftover chopped basil and extra parmesan cheese.
Nutritions of Creamy chicken and chorizo tagliatellefatContent: