An abundant supply of farm-fresh produce needs a fresh recipe idea!
The ingredient of Tomato and capsicum soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 (250g) sebago potato, peeled, chopped
- 4 (500g) tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- Garlic bread, to serve (see related recipe)
The instruction how to make Tomato and capsicum soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and capsicum. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add potato, tomato and tomato paste. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until tomatoes have softened.
- Add stock. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until potato is tender.
- Remove from heat. Cool for 5 minutes. Blend, in batches, until smooth. Return to pan over low heat. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with garlic bread.
Nutritions of Tomato and capsicum soupfatContent: 423.986 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 49.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 13.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 43 milligrams cholesterol